Published at Wednesday, September 13th 2017. by olga in Security systems.
• Camera. Cameras for this system should be able to stand up to the weather. They need to be waterproof and they should be able to operate in low temperatures especially if you live in cold climates. Cameras of this kind should have bodies that will not rust. Most systems provide cameras equipped with night vision. The range of the night vision security camera can be anywhere from 15 feet to 150 feet. Most systems depend on the strength of the infrared lights.
• Web-Ready. Some systems provide web-ready DVR or computer hookup that provides live monitoring thought the Internet. Your home and property can be monitored from anywhere in the world where there is Internet access.
• How many cameras do you need? Decide how many locations you want monitored, such as doors, windows, driveway etc. This will give you an idea of how many cameras you will want included in your security system. Most security camera systems come with one or two cameras. If you might need to add more cameras, make sure the system you choose is capable of adding more cameras later.
• Will you be placing the cameras inside or outside? If youll be placing cameras anywhere outside youll need cameras that are built tougher than typical indoor security cameras. Outdoor cameras will be exposed to vandalism and the elements, such as wind and extreme heat or cold. There are many outdoor cameras available that are built to withstand all these outdoor conditions.
In summary, C-mount cameras are the very highest quality security camera but have some disadvantages when being used outdoors, as they were not built for adverse weather conditions. C-mount cameras can see better than most other cameras in low level lighting conditions, can be adapted by changing out their lenses, and offer the very highest resolution of any security camera.
• Do you need color or black and white cameras? If there are certain situations where it is important to record details such as color of hair, vehicles or clothing, youll need color cameras. Black and white cameras are best if you need higher resolution and generally are less expensive than color. They also are best if you will be using infrared in no light or low light conditions.